Tourist licence and lettings

For some time people renting property for holiday lets and short term lets in the Valencia Community have been obliged to obtain a certificate of compliance from the council where the house is located.

From 15th July 2018 a new law obliged all owners to obtain a certificate of urbanist compliance. This is known as a Touristic Licence.

Without this certificate it is not possible to legally rent out a property as a holiday or short term rental.

MUNA are given to understand an application with article 81 of the PGOU (Plan General de Ordenacion Urbanistica) Of San Fulgencio the activity of rental holiday houses is NOT compatible with the existing use of this residential area.

In conclusion the council will NOT be in a position to issue the necessary certificate at the moment.

MUNA will of course follow the development of this situation and hoping that the new administration will address this issue swiftly.

A copy of the PGOU and more information is available at our office, any member concerned is welcome to talk to us.